Sunday, June 5, 2011

"The Skeleton Key" by @JamesRollins


No, it's not Devil Colony.  That comes out on the 21st (not that I'm counting down the minutes, dagnabit).  And no, it's not available in any other version than as an e-book.

Don't let that scare you.  First off, if you're one of the unfortunates that think you need a Kindle or Nook to read e-books, let me reassure you.  If you have a computer (or even a smartphone) with internet access (which I would assume, since you're reading this), you can get apps that will allow you to read e-books in pretty much ANY format.

If you're like me and you just prefer the feel of a book in your hands, I'm going to tell you what I had to tell myself--get over it.  I still buy my favorite authors in hardback.  I buy books in used bookstores.  I frequent libraries.  I don't think that will ever change.  But I'm also opening myself up to new experiences and new authors (especially indie or self-published ones) that come only through e-books.

And this one is worth checking out.  It's only $.99, it's a short but great read filled with action (Rollins-style, so it has that veritas ring to it).  Plus it's got a lengthy excerpt from Devil Colony at the end.  Totally worth the buck I spent and then some.

So, if you're a thriller reader, you really have no excuse.  If you're not, this is a great place to start.  No long term commitment to a lengthy novel here.  Plus, you get to experiment with a new format that is doing for publishing what mp3 players did for music.

You can get The Skeleton Key here.  You can thank me below. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment